Why Have a Private Session?
People come to private sessions for many reasons. Here are just a few:
- Students who are new, unsure or frightened can experience the benefits of yoga in a private, safe, supportive environment.
- People who feel they won’t fit in a regular class for any reason often opt for the more personalized approach offered in a private session.
- You get Karyn’s undivided attention.
- Private sessions are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and concerns, building on your strengths and addressing your weaknesses.
- People with particular back care concerns—like scoliosis—can benefit from special sequences and instruction.
- People with injuries or conditions like low back pain, a knee replacement, or other physical limitations can use a private to ask questions, discover how yoga might help them, experience the poses first-hand, and to gain enough confidence to try regular classes.
- A private session can be a great place to establish a personalized sequence to practice at home.
- If you have a schedule that keeps you from attending a regular class, privates are a more flexible option.
Private sessions are a great way to feel safe, to attend to special needs, to work on particular poses, or to establish a new practice. When you meet with Karyn one-on-one, she will help you experience the benefits of yoga in a safe, supportive way. Even one session can give you the confidence you need to attend your first yoga class.
I arrived at Karyn’s private studio in the peaceful yurt in her backyard full of self doubt. Each step I took hurt my ankle, my hip, my knee. I used a cane most days. Could this extremely overweight 55-year-old woman even manage to get down on the floor? Gradually and patiently, Karyn introduced foundation poses, adjusting minutely for my limitations, working hard to prop me here, support me there. She shared her yoga lessons and wisdom quietly and pragmatically. Slowly I began to build physical strength. I recognized that young woman within me who loved movement so much and was loving it again. And I now realize that I have a yoga practice which I intend to continue for the rest of my life.
What Happens When You Come In For a Private Session?
When you call Karyn, she’ll talk to you for a few minutes about your reasons for wanting a private session so she can be prepared when you arrive.
Come to your session wearing comfortable, non-restrictive clothes that you can move in. Karyn will then guide you through a sequence specially designed to fit your personal needs.
Some people come for only one session; some for several. Some students continue privates on an ongoing basis.
I started private sessions with Karyn after attending several introductory and beginners classes. I would drop out after two or three classes because I was too self-conscious and uncomfortable in a group setting.
Karyn is patient, caring and creative, looking for the best and safest ways for me to explore the physical experience of each asana. I appreciate Karyn’s depth of knowledge and dedication to her personal practice and education.
After working with Karyn privately for several years, I’ve overcome my fear of inversions. I’m doing poses I never thought I could do! I’ve attended several yoga workshops and feel grounded and confident in my ability to stay present within my own practice
What Does a Private Session Cost?
Karyn teaches most of her privates at the studio behind her home in Live Oak. These sessions cost $65.00 for 1 hour.
Sessions at Yoga Within cost $85.00.
$100.00 for a session in your home.
I have been the happy beneficiary of many private yoga sessions with Karyn. I wouldn’t dream of going anywhere else. Karyn is knowledgeable, passionate and generous as a teacher, and is herself a lifelong learner, returning to India frequently for continued intensive trainings. Whenever I presented her with a special problem, Karyn did the research to help me. She is devoted and respectful and the best teacher I have seen in 35 years.
To inquire about a private session, fill out the inquiry form below: